KIBM works with the Stories of Women in Neuroscience project each year to support women neuroscientists at different career stages and from diverse backgrounds and subfields.
Their multifacted mission includes:
- Increasing exposure and visibility of women in neuroscience
- Providing role models for young women who aspire to have careers in science
- Increasing transparency of success (and failure) in academia
- Helping to identify external factors that allow women to succeed
- Advocating for women in neuroscience and encouraging others to do the same
Since the start of 2023, they have released 21 new profiles/episodes and 19 Spanish-translated profiles. Each interview can be accessed on their website and is also available as a podcast episode on Apple and Spotify. Their current 110 profiles include Black, Latina, Asian, and LGBTQ+ women, as well as women at all stages from postdoctoral fellow to full professor, and those studying cells/molecules, circuits/systems, and cognitive neuroscience.
Learn more about Stories of WiN on their website.