Deadline: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 5pm PST
Applications are due on Tuesday, January 16, 2024 by 5pm and reference letters are due on Friday, January 26, 2024 by 5pm.
The KIBM Postdoctoral Scholars Program provides both financial support and networking opportunities for exceptional postdoctoral scholars at UC San Diego and The Salk Institute to pursue innovative research in neuroscience. The award will be $50,000 for a 12-month period and is renewable for a second year contingent on good progress and the faculty mentor's continued sponsorship. Scholars will participate in meetings and present their work at the KIBM annual spring symposium.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree.
- Open to US citizens and non-US citizens.
- This program is only open to those who currently hold a full-time postdoctoral position in the field of neuroscience at UC San Diego or The Salk Institute.
- The applicant must have a minimum of six months of postdoctoral experience working in the laboratory of their sponsor at the time of application but no more than four years of cumulative postdoctoral training (including appointments at other institutions) by the time of award activation. Please consult with your department HR contact to confirm the maximum allowable duration of your postdoctoral appointment based on institutional guidelines.
- The award cannot be held concurrently with a fellowship that supports salary (or stipend) and benefits.
- To request an exception to any of the above criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by January 05, 2024.
Application Information and Materials
Online Application Form via InfoReady
KIBM has switched to InfoReady as the online submission portal for the 2024-25 application cycle. The online submission portal is now open on InfoReady.
- UC San Diego postdocs should log into InfoReady via the UC San Diego Login button with their Active Directory credentials in order to access the application. Please note that this is considered an internal proposal for UC San Diego applicants so there is no need to route the application to UCSD’s Office of Contracts and Grants via Kuali Research.
- Salk postdocs should log into InfoReady under the Login for Other Users section to access the application. Salk postdocs who do not already have an InfoReady account can click on the Register button to create one.
Please review the Full Program Guidelines and Instructions linked above for details on the reference letter requirements. After the postdoc submits their application online, referees will receive an email with instructions on how to submit their letter in support of the applicant. Letters are due by 5pm PST on January 26, 2024.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.