Deadline: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 5pm PST
Applications are still due by 5pm on December 1, 2021 but the deadline for reference letters has been extended to 5pm on December 8, 2021.
The KIBM Postdoctoral Scholars Program provides both financial support and networking opportunities for exceptional postdoctoral scholars at UC San Diego and The Salk Institute to pursue innovative research in neuroscience. The award will be $50,000 for a 12-month period and is renewable for a second year contingent on good progress and the faculty mentor's continued sponsorship. Scholars will participate in monthly meetings and present their work at the KIBM annual retreat.
|Application Due Date:||December 1, 2021, 5pm PST|
|Reference Letter Due Date:||December 8, 2021, 5pm PST|
|Notification of Interview:||February 1, 2022, 5pm PST|
|Earliest Start Date:||April 1, 2022 (must be activated no later than July 1, 2022)|
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree.
- Open to US citizens and non-US citizens.
- This program is only open to those who currently hold a full-time postdoctoral position in neuroscience at UC San Diego or The Salk Institute.
- The applicant must have a minimum of six months of postdoctoral experience working in the laboratory of their sponsor at the time of application but no more than four years of cumulative postdoctoral training (including appointments at other institutions) by the time of award activation. Please consult with your department HR contact to confirm the maximum allowable duration of your postdoctoral appointment based on institutional guidelines.
- The award cannot be held concurrently with a fellowship that supports salary (or stipend) and benefits.
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND MATERIALS
- Full Program Guidelines and Instructions [PDF]
- Application Cover Sheet [Word doc]
- Biosketch Template [Word doc]
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Applications for 2021 are now closed. Reference letters may be submitted until 5pm PST on December 8, 2021.
Please review the Full Program Guidelines and Instructions linked above for details on the reference letter requirements. After the postdoc submits their application online, referees will receive a custom email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a personalized link to upload their confidential reference letter in support of the applicant. Please check your spam folder if referee email was not received. Letters are due by 5pm PST on December 8, 2021.
Please contact Janet at email@example.com with any questions.